Welcome to Our Blog


Welcome!!

My name is Penny Cheng, Chainmaille Artist and the Owner/Designer Of Jewelry by Saniki Creations. I am lucky enough to work on my designs at home while taking care of my three girls. Life is hectic, but fun...

This Blog is about my life, my business, and my creations plus I enjoy promoting my fellow Artists.

Enjoy!!!

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Crochet Anyone?

Has anyone ever tried to crochet? I know how to knit, but I don't crochet and I'm not the best at knitting, but I can follow a pattern, make a pair of baby booties, scarf, hats, legwarmers, blankets....The basic stuff. But to crochet those things were frustrating to me as I just couldn't figure it out, my coordination, I suppose, is not the greatest. It always amazes me how people can take a ball of yarn and a crochet stick (I know that's not the name of it) and create all these wonderful (and useful) things.
A couple of days ago, I was lucky enough to have one of my bracelets (the Seven Hearts Cinnabar) get featured in a blog owned by another Artfire shop seller, Sheila's Crafts. She was looking for shops to feature so I took a chance and told her where my shop was, you can see her blog at http://sheilascrafts4u.blogspot.com/. Of course I needed to know who Sheila was, and see what she made so I took a peek at her store and WOW, she crochets!! You guys should take a look at her shop, she has pot holders, face cloths, coupon holders, and my favorite is the button bracelet. Here's a couple of things in her store right now for sale:


Purple and Green Crocheted Camera Bag


Orange Cell Phone Holder



Crochet Festive Button Bracelet

I usually can look at an item and figure out how something is made and what type of pattern it is to make it. But something about using yarn still confuses me. That's probably why I make jewelry instead.

Be sure to check out Sheila's Crafts, she's a great person and a new friend of mine.

Here's her shop link: http://sheilascrafts.artfire.com/

Until next time, be good, have fun, and check back tomorrow for my newest creation. Here's a sneak peek.

Goddess Diana Moonstone Chakra Suncatcher



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comments! I appreciate it!