Welcome to Our Blog


Welcome!!

My name is Penny Cheng, Chainmaille Artist and the Owner/Designer Of Jewelry by Saniki Creations. I am lucky enough to work on my designs at home while taking care of my three girls. Life is hectic, but fun...

This Blog is about my life, my business, and my creations plus I enjoy promoting my fellow Artists.

Enjoy!!!

Friday, January 6, 2012

It's a Brand New Year-Happy 2012!



Here at Jewelry by Saniki Creations, my family and I hope you had a fabulous holiday filled with love, cheer and friendships.  Now that 2012 has arrived.  It's time to buckle down and start the year right.

Last year, there was a few changes to my Website in which now I am totally satisfied and pleased with the results now.  Because I redid it from scratch, I don't think I ever want to see another computer code or script ever again.  So rest assured there will be no more changes to the site and the new shopping platform I've implemented will be smooth and streamline for your shopping pleasure.

Design wise, I've been planning different ways to make my Chainmaille more, how would you put it, mainstream.  I think this will be a constant work-in-progress for me in the area I live in.  I love the sparkly bling bling which is still very dominate here, but do not want to classify myself as "everyone else", so I just don't create that style.  A couple of posts back I've mentioned the Tree of Life series... my pliers, the wire and stones are ready for me to start production on those.  I will also be adding more earring styles and have already added a few more finger ring designs.

I am currently toying with the idea of having my design go into a few retail boutiques and galleries.  My statement remains the same that I will not mass produce my signature pieces, so finding a suitable place that will accept only a few select one of a kind designs will probably take some time to accomplish.  I will keep you all posted as I move my little company forward.

~ FEATURED ARTIST INTERVIEWS ~

As my website already has a "Latest News" module for me to conveniently update what's happening with Jewelry by Saniki Creations in relation to Promotions/Sales/New Products.  I decided to only post about super duper sales going on or really cool news about the store or me personally that needs a good shout out to the world in this blog.

But to keep you all interested in coming back, I plan on starting up my Featured Artist segment again.

I have met a lot of wonderful and talented Artists last year through The Artisan Group in which I am a member.  So I will be featuring their talents. Plus I will also be featuring my dear Artist friends at Artists in the Boro, whom I have mentioned a couple of posts back.

The first Feature is scheduled for Monday, January 9th.  Stay tuned!

Until next time, remember "Support an Artist today!"

Penny Cheng

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comments! I appreciate it!