Welcome to Our Blog


Welcome!!

My name is Penny Cheng, Chainmaille Artist and the Owner/Designer Of Jewelry by Saniki Creations. I am lucky enough to work on my designs at home while taking care of my three girls. Life is hectic, but fun...

This Blog is about my life, my business, and my creations plus I enjoy promoting my fellow Artists.

Enjoy!!!

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Fun with QR Codes

I recently discovered this wonderful little technology called QR Codes. 

For those who don't know. A QR Code (aka Quick Response Code) is a 2 dimensional matrix barcode which is readable by using the QR Code Reader (a phone app typically that uses the camera).  The code is made up of black modules arranged in a square pattern on a white background. The information encoded can be text, URL, sms, VCard or other data.

All codes are unique and there are alot of sites on the web that can help you generate your own QR Code.  There's also a few sites that can decode them online, but it's more fun using the phone.

Getting the QR Reader app for your phone is easy, check out Percentmobile as they have a long list of phone manufacturers for you to choose from.  If your phone is an Android, like mine, you can visit the Android Market and download one from there. I believe the IPhone already has the app installed.  If not, go to their app store.

Now the fun part... QR Codes are a dandy way of promoting/marketing.... Right now I have a Promotion for 20% Discount off purchases made at my main Website.  In order to find out what the Discount Code is (to be entered at checkout), you must decode the QR Code I have made...
This code expires June 30, 2011.

QR codes are rather new (though quite popular in Japan I've heard), but I believe it will become more mainstream in the future (like our regular barcodes).

Until next time....



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comments! I appreciate it!