Welcome to Our Blog


Welcome!!

My name is Penny Cheng, Chainmaille Artist and the Owner/Designer Of Jewelry by Saniki Creations. I am lucky enough to work on my designs at home while taking care of my three girls. Life is hectic, but fun...

This Blog is about my life, my business, and my creations plus I enjoy promoting my fellow Artists.

Enjoy!!!

Thursday, November 11, 2010

We will remember.......

Every year on November 11th, on the 11th hour, we in Canada fall silent to honour the people who had fought for us in the Great War (1914-1918), also known as World War 1, so we may live in peace.  We also honour those who had served our country for so many wars and conflicts after....

I will always remember the sacrifices made, the lives lost,  so myself and my family can say we are truly free.







In Flanders Fields
by John McCrae, May 1915
Poppies (©greatwar.co.uk)
In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.
We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved and were loved, and now we lie
In Flanders fields.
Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high.
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields.



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comments! I appreciate it!