Welcome to Our Blog


Welcome!!

My name is Penny Cheng, Chainmaille Artist and the Owner/Designer Of Jewelry by Saniki Creations. I am lucky enough to work on my designs at home while taking care of my three girls. Life is hectic, but fun...

This Blog is about my life, my business, and my creations plus I enjoy promoting my fellow Artists.

Enjoy!!!

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

I'm Way Behind....

It has been an uninspiring and aweful couple of weeks for me... I've been putting everything in the back burner due to a family member, my father-in-law, being in the hospital.  With lots of crying and praying, he will be okay and is out of the ICU but will be remaining in the there for another week or two.. not quite sure yet.

With that in my mind, I've just haven't been wanting to do anything... depression can be, well, so depressing.

But now I know I need to get off my bottom and get back to work.  I will be doing a craft fair in mid May and am searching for other shows to do, and as you can see, redesigned my logo so it doesn't look "mickey mouse'ish" (if that's such a word).

I'm also contemplating whether to start another line that I wouldn't classify as Limited Edition or One of a Kind... I like making earrings and was thinking of having a specialized Earrings Only Shop.  Should I put my toes into semi mass production.  As business has been slow due to the economy, I still need to make a living and I'm thinking maybe if I purchase my materials in bulk, (materials for earrings are quite reasonably cheap) it will lower prices for my dear customers. Things I think about when I don't really want to think.  Strange as it sounds.

However this week is the week my two oldest girls have their Spring Break.. and of course they want the computer ALL THE TIME.  So I've been redoing my existing inventory with new tags and entertaining them. Well sort of.  It is great to be able to stay at home to work, but sometimes I miss actually going to work.

So that's what's been happening in a nutshell.  Back to tagging my creations....

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comments! I appreciate it!