Welcome to Our Blog


Welcome!!

My name is Penny Cheng, Chainmaille Artist and the Owner/Designer Of Jewelry by Saniki Creations. I am lucky enough to work on my designs at home while taking care of my three girls. Life is hectic, but fun...

This Blog is about my life, my business, and my creations plus I enjoy promoting my fellow Artists.

Enjoy!!!

Thursday, January 19, 2012

MTV Movie Awards Gift Lounge - The Journey Begins

I have exciting news for everyone!

Through The Artisan Group,  One hundred of my Chainmaille Creations to be given out to celebrities that will attend the 2012 MTV Movie Awards Gift Lounge presented by GBK Productions.


These Creations will be placed in swag bags together with other great Artists who belong to The Artisan Group.

We will also have one of our Creations at The Artisan Group display table during the two day event for photo opportunities with the celebrities who visit.

The MTV Movie Awards date is set for June 3, 2012. The Celebrity Gift Lounge is slated for the same weekend.

Now the fun part.. to prepare all the little jump rings in order to make one hundred gifts.  I have already started coiling and cutting wire, then to the tumbler those little rings go.  Preparing the rings is a tedious task, in total I will need to make approximately 10,000 rings in various gauges, sizes, and metals.

What exactly am I going to make?  Well that's a bit of a secret right now... in the mean time here's a picture of some little rings I will be using,
20 gauge, 5/32" ID Jeweler's Brass
There's approximately 1,200 Jeweler's Brass rings.. and that's only the beginning.

I'll be posting updates of how I'm doing in future posts... Stay tuned!

Penny Cheng

More information about The Artisan Group can be found at their Website, and follow them on Twitter, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comments! I appreciate it!